Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  Judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal (Conseil de Prud'hommes de Paris)

My mother passed away in france 2010 , but she had some

My mother passed away in france 2010 , but she had some monies in england . Our Notaire in france has on numerous occasions tried to contact my Stepsisters notaire over the last 3 1/2 years but they refuse to answer. Our English lawyer has also tried to contact stepsister by email which is read and hard copy but she does not reply. Can our notaire provide our English lawyer to release monies of our mothers in england to us ? Is there a time if no one contests monies in england ( as notaire or stepsister will not correspond with our notaire or english lawyer ) that our english lawyer can release funds to deceased daughters . Does he need a letter from frencjh notaire ? what do we do ?

Regards XXXXX

I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
How the deceased assets are to be divided depends on whether your late mother had a will or not, and on the provenance of the assets. If there was no will and all your mother's assets were her own property (and not coming from your step-sister's father, for example), the assets are to be shared equally between all children when there is no surviving spouse, of course.
The notaire who handled the declaration de succession and established the acte de notoriété should have put all of this on the declaration. The funds, in England and elsewhere, can be released and shared equally between all heirs whose name appear on the acte de notoriété, provided they all agree to it. If one fails to agree, you will probably need to engage in a lawsuit against this party to obtain a court order authorizing the release of the funds. At least under French law.
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience: Judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal (Conseil de Prud'hommes de Paris)