José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Why do Spain banks charge large fees to open an account and

Why do Spain banks charge large fees to open an account and then charge another fee for the amount that is deposited into the account?

Abogado3044 :

Hi

Abogado3044 :

The banks in Spain charges the client for everything they do and the worst part of it its that its legal

Abogado3044 :

The way to avoid it its to deal with your own bank before you work hith them

Abogado3044 :

Some clients do not get charges, becuase they have deal, and you can deal also

Customer:

How can you deal, when they won't let me have already setup acct. till I pay this fee? I want them to unleash the acct. so I can pay the fees from that acct.

Abogado3044 :

Hi there

Customer:

Hi

Abogado3044 :

You can deal before you sign with them

Abogado3044 :

Also you have rights and you can make a claim in the Banco de España if youdo not agree with the charges and you thinj they have no the right to make them

Customer:

I actually didn't have a choice with this as I acquired this acct. through an inheritance.

Abogado3044 :

I see

Customer:

I'm told it's the Governor of Madrid who is setting on this acct.

Abogado3044 :

Its true

Customer:

I'm trying to get it across that need the account to pay the fee.

Abogado3044 :

The goverment has enforced the inheritances when the money its in the bank, and the bank has to make a lot of requirments by law before to give the money away

Customer:

I don't have a problem in paying this huge fee, but there is no way I can do it without he funds from the acct.

Customer:

How can I possible talk with the Governor, or someon else to get this accross t him.

Abogado3044 :

The only way to try to avoid it its to put the claim in the banco de España, but if they are using the legal way you could do anything

Customer:

This whole thing could be so easly solved with letting me have access to the acct. I'm not sure I understand your answer.

Abogado3044 :

Sorry Sir, what act does mean ? What do you mean ?

Customer:

What web site is this? What am I to do with this?

Abogado3044 :

What act do you can no reach from the bank?

Customer:

I already have an account which I understand is at one of the Santander banks.

Abogado3044 :

The link I provided you its the oficial place where you could put a claim againts the bank if you want

Abogado3044 :

You can make a claim in the Banco de España against the Banco de Santander

Customer:

okay. But I have tried to talk with Santaner bank and for some reason they claim they can not find the acct. with the acct. number I provided nor my name. Which I thought was odd. Can the Governor actually put the acct. in secretive that no one in the bank can in it?

Customer:

find it I meant.

Abogado3044 :

Sure. If you ask by writting fot all your personal data and the bank do not obey you, they could get a 60.000 euros penalty for that

Abogado3044 :

So, ask for your data by writting and let them 20 days to answer you...

Abogado3044 :

If they do not give your personal data in 20 days put the claim

Customer:

So I need to get the address of the bank and do it through letter and not email?

Abogado3044 :

Better by letter and get the probe of sending, in order to probe you have done it

Customer:

okay. I was sure hoping there would have been a faster resolution to this. Have a nice day.

Abogado3044 :

You too Sir

Abogado3044 :

I gently ask for a good rate of the service, please

Abogado3044 :

Thank you