INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Defamation of character, deskilling

Customer Question

I have a question about defamation of character.

If a person is working off-shore and his technical knowledge is questioned does the employer have the right to remove said person from his rank even though the issue that has been raised is unfounded and incorrect. Could also be a question of age discrimination.

There is also the issue of deskilling as the person is forced to do work that would be demeaning of a person of his current rank. Would it be possible to take legal action for such treatment?

The company in question is based in Holland but sails under the Cyprus flag.
Category: European Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 10 months ago.

I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Fran
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Fran,

No, we haven't found an answer as yet. Still waiting for a reply - have paid £40 already - was this too soon?

Kind regards,
Frank
Hi Frank,

No, the deposit always gets paid up front.

We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 10 months ago.
Hello again,

We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Will continue to wait, but would like an answer by the end of this week
Kind regards

Thank you again for your patience, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just received an email that you can't help me. I don't see that answer here. See below:
"We are very sorry that your European Law question was not answered. Although the Lawyers on JustAnswer weren't able to answer your question this time, there are thousands of other Experts in hundreds of categories standing by to assist you. We are committed to providing 100% satisfaction with our service and encourage you to ask another question.
We value your business and really want you to get the help you deserve."
Thus we request a refund.
Thank you.
Kind regards
Frank
Hello Frank,

I'm sorry to say we have exhausted all our efforts at this time to find the right professional to assist you with your question.

While we were not able to assist you with this question, please keep in mind that JustAnswer has multiple categories, from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more, to assist you with any question you may need answered.

We will return your good faith deposit back to its original funding source right away.

We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hello Wendy,

It's a pity nobody could help.
Thank you anyway.

Kind regards,
Frank