T.DePas
T.DePas, Attorney
Experience:  Solicitor - Ph.D. Doctor Europaeus in EU law
66763543

how do I get out of Petchey Leisure Timeshare points

Category: European Law
Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

I guess that, as many other customers of this company, you have signed an agreement which does not have a term.

In this case, you should note that European Union consumer protection law allows you to end an agreement with these characteristics at any time. To do this, you just need to send them a registered letter that states your intention to get out from the agreement.

It is very possible that they will not take this into consideration and will keep on asking you for the yearly fee. In this case, I would suggest you to contact the closest consumer service that will help you in defending you from them even into Court if necessary.

I hope this helps. If you are happy with my legal opinion, I would be very much grateful if you could rate it positively so that I can get compensated for my time without any extra charge for you as only the amount you have already deposited would be used.

I remain at your complete disposal should you need any further information.

Best,

Tiziana

Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,

I hope my answer was of assistance to you.

I remain at your disposal should you need any further information.

In the meanwhile, I kindly ask you rate my answer positively otherwise I do not get compensation for my service. This would be without any extra
charge for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Tiziana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Tiziana,,

Thanks for your advice, but as the contract certificate is in Spain at the moment and we are not going back till October we are unable to confirm that the contract states"in perpetuity",so therefore we are unable to proceed with this matter at present.

I hope i will be able to contact you later when we have decided what procedure to take

Sincerely

Peter Swaby

Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.
Dear XXXXX,

I hope you are happy with my answer.

If this is the case, I would very much appreciate if you could rate it positively so that I can get compensated for my time without any extra charge from you, with the amount you have already deposited.

Otherwise, please consider that I remain at your complete disposal should you need any further information.

Best,

Tiziana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Tiziana,

From friends who have the same points their contract states"in perpetuity",the same as we are sure ours does.Does this alter your advice ?
I have already rated your answer positively as good.If I need to do it again let me know.

Regards

Peter Swaby
Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.
Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your appreciation.

Sorry to disturb you again but i did not receive your rate.
Could you please try to do it again?Maybe you did not end up the process.

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Tiziana
T.DePas, Attorney
Experience: Solicitor - Ph.D. Doctor Europaeus in EU law
Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.
Dear XXXXX,

I would very much appreciate if you could rate my answer positively so that I can get compensated for my time. You would not be charged further as only the amount you have already deposited would be used.

Best,

Tiziana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tizizana,

I am still awaiting your comments as to whether the clause "IN PERPETUITY" AFECTS YOUR FIRST RESPONSE REGARDING eUTOPEAN LAW

Peter swaby

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tiziana,

I am still awaiting your reply as to whether the clause "in perpetuity" affects your initial answer.I would like to be able to quote the appropriate section of european law that is relevant to my particular case.

Regards

Peter Swaby

Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.
Dear Peter,

Sorry for my belated reply.

Yes, the term "in perpetuity" would affect my initial advice.

The relevant piece of legislation in your case is Council Directive 93/13/EEC of 5 April 1993 on unfair terms in consumer contracts and its annexes.

All the best,

Tiziana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Tiziana,

Do I now go to a Citizens Advice Bureau with this Directive and ask for help,or do I write to Petchey quoting the Directive number and say I want to withdraw from the Infiniti points system

Regards

Peter Swaby

Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.
Dear Peter,

Thank you for following up.

I would suggest to refer the case directly to a citizens advice bureau which will be able to quote both the Directive and the national relevant legislation.

Best,

Tiziana