INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Area: International law (Greece)Sub-area: Inheritance/TaxI

Customer Question

Area: International law (Greece)
Sub-area: Inheritance/Tax

I am a Greek citizen. My father, also Greek citizen, died in Greece 15 years ago. For tax reasons, his will was never made public but was kept by my mother who was the designated executor of the will and gave me and my siblings a photocopy. Recently, my mother has threatened to destroy this will and produce an earlier dated one as the original/final.

I would like to know all possible penalties (including tax penalties) incurred in Greek law by concealing, destroying or failing to probate a will within the specified time-frame (a year).

I am willing to pay more for answers that involve references to specific relevant articles in Greek law - thanks!
Category: European Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for contacting

It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Greece, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.

At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obligated to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks. I would like to ask you to please close my question page as I found the answers to my questions over the internet.

Thanks again