INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Related to an old Q&A session on Advanced Global Trading LLC

Customer Question

Related to an old Q&A session on Advanced Global Trading LLC Company - headquarters in Dubai. I wanted to follow-up and see how legit they are.

I have previously assumed investment with them for a significantly large amount of money - towards the purchase of VCS VER (carbon credits). As this is an uncontrolled market, I see fluctuating results and prices all over the net. They claim they are affiliated with Caisse Depot (CDC). And on my contract, it states the this AGT company acts as a Trustee to present my credits to CDC - however has no right in exercising buy/sell commands, without my authorization.

The issue now comes related to what happened to MH Carbon - and how that was considered a "Boiler Room" scam. They are claiming that the market is now flooded with credits that are out for sale (through the various suppliers/firms... bogus or legit).

Since they are a Dubai based company, I cannot apply the same UK laws, nor can I report them to the UK fraud number that’s offered all over the net. However, I am trying to find out if:
- first - they are legit
- second - they are indeed associated with CDC
- third - what I can do to ensure that my credits are out there in the "carbon trading market".. regardless if I can sell them now or not.

I need to get in touch with an industry expert - who can pin-point a scam company from a legit one (even if by going to the VCS Registry or any official regulatory body handling "global carbón trades").. From there I can get into the details of my specfic case - and probably many others that are in the same boat. Hopefully to try and recover what we can - as early as we can.

I appreciate any constructive feedback on this matter - especially related to helping prove legitimacy and helping guide on retrieving these credits/money.

Awaiting your response as soon as you can.
Category: European Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes - I am willing to wait. But please try and get someone as son as possible, so, that if feasible, I can react son and salvage whatever I can.

If you feel you need more information that will assist this "expert" - then please ask now, as I do not want to wait, and get a very generalistic/vague response (such as - call the pólice!)

EG - besides the questions I asked... I would appreciate any advice on law firms within Dubai that specifically deal with THIS type of fraud - could be of great assistance. That way, I can approach them ASAP and have them represent me live over there.

Thank you!

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello Skanzo,

We cannot predict when your question will get a reply. It depends upon the complexity and detail level of the question and the areas of legal expertise and schedules of the lawyers on line, to mention only a few variables. We can only tell you that if a legal professional believes he can validate or dispute the legitimacy of this business, you will get an answer.

Thanks for your patience while we continue our search.

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am willingto wait till Monday
Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy