José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney

I LIVE IN THE U.S.A. AND INHERITED CASH. THE BANK IN MADRID,

I LIVE IN THE U.S.A. AND INHERITED CASH. THE BANK IN MADRID, SPAIN IS HOLDING
UNTIL WE PAY THE INHERITANCE TAX. CAN THIS TAX BE TAKEN OUT OF THE INHERITANCE
FUNDS?
ALSO,IT HAS BEEN 5 YEARS SINCE MY COUSIN WAS DECEASED, IS THERE A TIME LIMIT
ON THIS?
LASTLY, SINCE I LIVE OUTSIDE SPAIN, DO I NEED A SPANISH TAX NUMBER (NIE)?
THANK YOU.
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Abogado3044 : Hi
Abogado3044 : I am an spanish attorney
Abogado3044 : Tha bank will no give you the money untl the tax will paid
Abogado3044 : The law in Spain forces the bank to do in this way
Abogado3044 : The bank needs to probe to the spanish tax agency that the tax is paid until to let the money go out
Abogado3044 : You no dot need a spanish tax number
Abogado3044 : You must to contact yhe tax office of the comunidad autonoma where your son lived in Spain, pay the tax, with your passport number at that it is
Abogado3044 : Also you could contract an attorney in Madrid, he could pay the tax for you and send you the document of the tax paid
Customer: The Bankia in Madrid keeps saying they will transfer the funds after we paid each of
Customer: the things we have paid.
Customer: 1- residential account setup fee
Abogado3044 : Sure, they will do as soon as they get the probe that the tax is paid
Customer: 2- world court fee
Customer: 3- administration fee
Abogado3044 : I see, they need from you the probe of the inheritage procedure
Abogado3044 : It only could be done at the notario
Abogado3044 : Sorry, no in the notario, in court
Abogado3044 : You need to contract a local attorney who will put a demand of inheritage in madrid
Customer: 4- Ministry of Foreign Affairs fee
Abogado3044 : And once it will be made it at court you will get the money
Abogado3044 : Contract a local attorney in madrid, it will be the way
Customer: 5- one other fee can not locate right now
Abogado3044 : I know. The problem its that He was your cousin
Customer: Last week they said DHL would be sending the funds
Abogado3044 : It is easier when its father or son
Abogado3044 : But cousin needs to make a legal procedure in court and a local attorney is needed
Abogado3044 : In this link you will find a list of english speaking english attorneys in spain
Abogado3044 : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/spain-list-of-lawyers
Customer: When DHL arrived, it was a piece of paper from Agencia Tributaria, Office of the Auditor A.E.A.T. They had investigated information received in the transfer file by Bankia through the central bank BANCO DE ESPANA,regarding all outgoing huge fund contro auditing. The Beneficiary has not paid the tax fee covering his total fund. Thererfore a HOLD was put on it until the tax fee paid.
Customer: We were just wanting to be sure this is standard procedure.
Customer: Thank You
Abogado3044 : Well Sir I am going to ask you
Abogado3044 : Are you sure the money and your cousin were real? Because it sounds like to be an scam
Abogado3044 : There a lot of scamer on the web with the same thing
Abogado3044 : If you did not know such a cousin I have to tell you that it is an scam
Abogado3044 : Did you know the pass away person? Can you trust on it?
Abogado3044 : If you dont you are a victim of scam for sure
Abogado3044 : They want your money and you will be scamed
Customer: I did not know this Cousin. I did go to Spain in January.
Abogado3044 : Sir, do not let them to scam you
Customer: Went to the Security Company in Valencia where Vault was being held.
Abogado3044 : Contract a local attorney and do not take any risk
Customer: Our attorney who was suppose to meet with us did not arrive as was detained with
Abogado3044 : Sir, do not take riskes
Customer: getting more paperwork done. We did open the Vault and large amounts of US dollars
Abogado3044 : Contract a local attorney and be carefull
Customer: were in plastic wrap.. I asked is it was real and the one security officer opened
Abogado3044 : No lottery is wating for. They are scamers
Abogado3044 : Do not trust
Customer: a bag a took out 1- $100.00 US bill. we took to an exchange place of foreign currency and
Customer: they varified it was real.
Abogado3044 : If there is some way to be real and you contract a local attorney you are not taking riskes
Abogado3044 : Its an scam
Abogado3044 : Very comun scam here in spain
Customer: Could you tell me is there such a Bankia, AVDA. DE LES CORTS VALENCIA SPAIN
Abogado3044 : They tell you lies and promises of millions of bucks
Customer: 58 046016 BLANQUES SPAIN ?
Abogado3044 : Bankia is one of the more famous banks in spain for sure
Abogado3044 : But this guys do not work tehre
Abogado3044 : This is not the way to work for a bank or attorney
Customer: aLSO, THE bANKIA WHO KEEPS WRITING TO US IN mADRID WITH THE FUNDS AND TO WHOM WE NEED TO PAY TAX IS= BANKIA & FINANCE LTD.
Abogado3044 : Be sure that you are on risk of been scamed for sure
Abogado3044 : Its everithing an scam
Abogado3044 : make you a favour an contact the spanish policia nacional or guardia civil and tell the history
Abogado3044 : take a look http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/wa-man-loses-700000-in-spanish-inheritiance-scam/story-fnhocxo3-1226606991527
Abogado3044 : I am saving you a lot of money Sir
Abogado3044 : http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/wa-man-loses-700000-in-spanish-inheritiance-scam/story-fnhocxo3-1226606991527
Abogado3044 : Now you can decide whatever you want
Abogado3044 : But please, do not let them to scam you.
Abogado3044 : I have to leave now my place, I will be here in 2 hours if you need more help
Abogado3044 : Please do not forget to rate my service
Abogado3044 : I will be glad to help you if you need more information
Abogado3044 : thank you
Customer: THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE
Abogado3044 : Hi
Abogado3044 : I gently ask for a good rate of the service
Abogado3044 : Its the way the site pays me
Abogado3044 : Thank you
José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney