T.DePas
T.DePas, Attorney
Experience:  Solicitor - Ph.D. Doctor Europaeus in EU law
66763543

Iam syrian citizen born and living in Kuwait since 1970 , I

Customer Question

Iam syrian citizen born and living in Kuwait since 1970 , I would like to request the easiest way to get european cistizen ship in order to faciliate my movement around world that is necessery as being a business man with my global trade in watches . yaser xxxxxxx

Category: European Law
Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,

Thank you for your question.

European citizenship relies upon Member States nationalities. This means that only the citizens of the EU Member States acquire automatically EU citizenship.

To become citizen you can:

1) Reside in one of EU Member States for a certain period of time which is determined by the national laws (generally from 3 to 5 years);

2) Get married with a national of one of the Member States.

I would be very grateful if you could rate my answer positively.

Like that I can get paid for my job with the amount you have already deposited.

I remain at your complete disposal should you need any further information.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Tiziana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Tiziana : Both cases are not possible , becouse : Iam A married person with 4 kids and love my wife .second , I can not reside in european country due to me current business in kuwait . I need to know if I can invest in charity community or programme in any EU country and in return I can get the citizen ship without leaving kuwait . or there is any other way to get the citizen ship agaienest certian investment in real states or commercial projects . waiting your kind reply
Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,

Thank you for following up.

Nowadays, there are not many EU countries where you can acquire nationality by way of investment. Only some still provide so, such as Bulgaria and Cyprus.

In Bulgaria you can apply to obtain Bulgarian nationality (and thus EU citizenship) if you invest at least 511 thousands Euros.

Similar rules apply in Cyprus after the economical disaster. This country offers its passport to all foreign investors who lost something during the crisis.

I hope this helps. I would be very grateful if you could rate my answer positively.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Tiziana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Tiziana : Thanks for your above mail , I heard that investment needed to get the passport in some european countires like BULGARIA OR hungery OR ( MAYBE cyprus ) will be in range of us$ 100,000 - us$ 150,000 . thanks to verify this information and the ways needed to follow in order to start the process . a waitging kind reply . best regards XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.
Dear Yaser,

Thank you for following up.

Since February 2013 Bulgaria offers citizenship to non-EU foreigners who invest at least 500,000 BGN (about 250,000 €] and create ten jobs for Bulgarians.

The investment thresholds for foreign investors in poorer regions in even lower. These will be granted citizenship if they invest 250,000 BGN (about 125,000 euro) and hire five Bulgarians in regions suffering from high unemployment.

Otherwise, the permanent resident status (different from citizenship) can be gained at the purchase of real estate property worth at least 600,000 BGN (about 300,000 euro).

As for Hungaria,it does not grant citizenship but permanent residency status to non-EU citizens who invest €250,000 with no requirement for the applicant to live permanently in Hungary. This amount is currently considered to be the lowest across the EU.

I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to rate it positively and agree for a bonus. Like that I can get paid for my job with the amount you have already deposited.

Best,

Tiziana

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Tiziana : Thanks for your above reply . would like to inquire regarding : The investment thresholds for foreign investors in poorer regions in even lower. These will be granted citizenship if they invest 250,000 BGN (about 125,000 euro) and hire five Bulgarians in regions suffering from high unemployment. How long it will get me to get the passport in case above investment ? Do I need to live there for some time or not ? which are the areas that are considered to be poor ? Finally , If I donate for BULGARIAN governament us$ 100,000 can I get the passport instantly ? a waiting your kind reply . best regards XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.
Dear Yaser,

The poorest region in Bulgaria is Severozapaden in the North-west area of the Country.

The whole procedure takes around 9 months and investors will not be obliged to have had residence status in the country.

I hope you are satisfied with my service. I would be very much grateful if you could rate it positively and agree for a bonus otherwise I won't get compensation for my job.

Best,

Tiziana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Tiziana : Thanks for your reply . In the above case how the way to proceedthe 9 months process , can I apply through the Bulgarian embassy in kuwait or through immigration lawyer in Bulgaria . apaprt , I did not recieve reply for my question , If I donate to BULGARIAN government US$100,000 , is it possibile to get the cistizenship and passport instantly ? Best Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.
Dear Yaser,

Sorry I forgot. Yes, what you heard is true, foreign nationals would be granted Bulgarian citizenship if they donate at least BGN 200 000 to the National Innovation Fund.

The two procedures are very similar and they take as much long. You can certainly apply at the closest Bulgarian Consulate.

I hope this helps. Please, do not hesitate further to rate my answer positively and agree for a bonus.

Best,

Tiziana
Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.
Dear Yaser,

I hope my answer was of assistance to you.

I would be very grateful if you could rate it positively and agree for a bonus. Like that I can get paid for my job with the amount you have already deposited.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Tiziana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Tiziana : Thanks for your above reply .

you quoted : foreign nationals would be granted Bulgarian citizenship if they donate at least BGN 200 000 to the National Innovation Fund.

1- Can you inform the article no. in BULGARIAN IMMEGRATION LAW that you based your above statement on .

2- Can you recommend a professional solicitor in BULGARIA that i can contact to proceed my application formalities .

looking forward recieving your reply soonest .

best regards

Yaser
Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.
Dear Yaser,

As for the fist question, you can refer to the Bulgarian Investment Encouragement Act as amended on 12.10.2012.

You can find a list of reliable lawyers at the following website:
http://www.hg.org/law-firms/immigration/bulgaria/sofia.html

I kindly request you to rate my answer positively and agree for a bonus.

Best,

Tiziana
Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.
Dear Yaser,

Please do not forget to rate my answer positively agree for a bonus. Like that I can get paid for my job with the amount you have already deposited.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Tiziana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Desr Tiziana:
Thanks to allow me till next week where I will back to
kuwait from my existing trip.
ishall read your reply and rate you for the same
best regards for kind cooperation.
Regards
Yaser

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Tiziana :

Sorry for late reply as I just came back from business trip .

regret to inform you that 3 listed lawyer offices from your advised web site has replied negatively towards the information you gave regarding the donation for Bulgarian citizenship .

enabling me to rate your reply positively , i much appreciated if you could give atleast 1 lawyer address whom i can appoint to proceed my case and get the citizenship through donation .

Looking forward for kind reply .

best regards

Yaser Sabouny

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Tiziana :

Please find below the reply I recieved from BULGARIAN alwyer that is not parallel with your earlier information :

Dear Mr. Sabouny,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to contact Vladimirov Law Office.

Bulgarian citizenship could be obtained by a foreigner who has already have a permanent residence permit for at least 1 year based on an investment.

The investment has to be certified by the Ministry of Economics.

The options are two:

1. At least 1 000 000 BGN investment in the capital of Bulgarian trade company that accomplishes high priority investment project /20 – 100 million BGN and 50-200 employees/ or

2. Investment class A – 4-10 million BGN

The amount depends on the object and the kind of investment you make.

Sincerely Yours:

Mrs. Veselina Kirilova

Attorney-at-law

Vladimirov Law Office

Please advise back enabling me to rate you .

best regards

Yaser