José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I joined an online chat service, using a google email account

I joined an online chat service, using a google email account and used the service for a little while. ($300.19)
Then I tried joining another chat service with an email account that redirects to the same one I used initially
It turns out, which I did not know at the time, that the 2 services had the same back end payment processor.
I did not. knowingly, dispute the service as they state below.
Your help would be greatly appreciated due to this:
They cancelled my original service and sent me the following email:

We have been notified by our billing company that they have processed a dispute from your card for $300.19.

We have logged your IP address, the chat logs, and all other information in regards XXXXX XXXXX use of RedTubeLive. This information will be submitted to the local law enforcement officials at the location of the IP address that we have verified with the Computer Crimes Department and if this proves to be you, you will be charged for felony credit card fraud and identity theft.

As a result of this fraud claim, this card has been blocked from being accepted at RedTubeLive and all other websites our billing provider handles. Your RedTubeLive account has also been closed and cannot be accessed.

We hope this was only a misunderstanding of the RedTubeLive terms of use, and we would prefer to avoid formalizing this process with your local law enforcement agency.

Again, your credit card is charged only when you access the pay areas of our site. The charges are a per minute charge and are clearly stated before you enter any pay areas.

On your RedTubeLive Account #16908584, you currently have $300.19 in outstanding charges.

Make cashier's check or money order for $300.19 in US funds payable to:
RedTubeLive Ref#16908584

PERSONAL CHECKS OR CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

Please mail your cashier's check or money order in US funds to settle your account and avoid a police investigation:

SM Payment Processing Center
Ref# XXXXX
P.O. Box 2468
Seattle, WANNN-NN-NNNN
Category: European Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
What is your question in relation to this??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The service was cancelled without my consent, and because I did not realise that the payment processor was common to both chat services. They say they have refunded my money, but this has not yet appeared in my bank account So my question is:
Do they have the legal right to pursue me for this money and what could be the consequence of my refusal to be threatened in this way and withhold payment.
Thankyou
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
The are claim that the disputed claim you notified to your credit card company is not fraudulent and that you owe them money in the sum of €300.19

I am not sure what the fact that payment processor being common to both chat rooms has to do with anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The point is, I did not dispute the claim with my credit card company, they are in error to say that . They took it upon themselves to cancel the account and make the refund
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
Then why are they pursuing you for money now??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They refunded me because they thought I was a fraudster, I believe, and are now demanding the payment. It seems a bit crazy to me
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
So if you got the service why don't you simply pay the bill??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did pay. They refunded me and then threatened me if I did not send them a cheque!
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi

I think they paid you because you have the right to get your money back and you should not send them any more money
They are not going to contract a local attorney
Forget all about they and do not send them any money
José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney