T.DePas
T.DePas, Attorney
Experience:  Solicitor - Ph.D. Doctor Europaeus in EU law
66763543

HI,MY QUESTION CONSERS A MAN WHOS 33 YEARS OLD FROM NIGERIA

Customer Question

HI,
MY QUESTION CONSERS A MAN WHOS 33 YEARS OLD FROM NIGERIA MOVES TO EUROPE AND WANTS "REFUGEE STATUS" TO SWITZERLAND
WITHOUT DOCUMENTS ; WHAT OPTIONS ARE WAITING FOR HIM? AND HOW TO ASK THIS REFUGEE PROPERLY ?
thank you
Category: European Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

in order to get refugee status from nigeria to switzerland , to get health care, financial help and rent .. to get that help, what is needed? a lawyer? and i a lawyer necessary?

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you so much

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I would like to receive information, how to get the legal status in Switzerland. I am from Nigeria, 33 years old , male,single. Recently move to the country applied for refuge status. I need to know,what kind steps I need to do? Maybe you can tell me , what is my chances ? Do they have any program applicable for me? I also have a friend , which lives in Israel , she is divorced has two daughters. She is 48 years old,a nurse with 30 experience . Please let me know , if any program applicable for her? Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your continued patience while we continue our search.

Regards,
Wendy

Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

Even if you travel without documents, you can apply for refugee status upon your arrival in Switzerland.

To make your first application, you would not need a lawyer, as the State authorities will put you in contact with the specialized humanitarian associations that will guide you through the whole procedure. You might need a lawyer only if, at the end of the administrative procedure, you are not entitled with the refugee status. In this case you will need to lodge a file against the decision to the competent Court.

To find a specialized lawyer you can contact the humanitarian association that guided you through the first part of the procedure: they will certainly be able to suggest who you should contact. With regard to the conditions to meet to be entitled with the refugee status, Switzerland applies the international Geneva Convention on refugee status of 1949.

This provides that Refugees have the right to protection and it is forbidden to send them back to their country if their lives are threatened.

To support your application, you need to prove that, in your State of origin or your last country of residence, you have a serious threat or well-founded fear of being persecuted by reason of your race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion. It is considered a serious threat when a person’s life, physical health or freedom is in danger, or when measures that entail unbearable psychological pressure are inflicted. Specific gender-based motives for fleeing are also taken into consideration.

I hope that my answer is helpful to you. I would be very grateful if you could rate my answer positively and agree for a bonus. Like that I can get paid for my job with the amount you have already deposited.

I remain at your complete disposal should you need any further information.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Tiziana

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if i applied a refugee status to Switzerland and i got declined, am i still able to apply to other countries in Europe?
Since i got the decline, how long can i still stay in Europe?
Am i still able to travel?

Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,

Thank you for following up.

Unfortunately, although Switzerland is not part of the EU, it applies the EU provisions of the EU legislation regarding the possibility of applying for asylum only in one Member State.

This is provided by the agreement Agreement between the European Community and the Swiss Confederation concerning the criteria and mechanisms for establishing the State responsible for examining a request for asylum lodged in a Member State or in Switzerland, signed on 27.2.2008.

As a consequence, I am afraid you will not be able to apply in any other EU Member State.

Nonetheless, if you have been notified the refusal of your first application, you can still be able to lodge an appeal against the decision to the Asylum Appeal Commission ("Schweizerische
Asylrekurskommission" or "Commission Suisse de recours en matière d'asile").

Unfortunately, this appeal does not normally have suppressive effect. The removal-order may be enforced after 24 hours.

I would be very grateful if you could rate my answer positively.

Like that I can get paid for my job with the amount you have already deposited.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Tiziana