INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

i am a US citizen with residency and work permit residing in

i am a US citizen with residency and work permit residing in Spain. I have a home in the US where I reside a few months of the year as well as a bank account for my expenses. I hope to be able to retire to the US within a couple of years. Recently the Spanish government has passed a law that all foreigners in residing in Spain must declare the assets they have in other countries; homes, pensions, bank accounts, etc. Given that the Spanish government is one of the most corrupt in Europe and they are undoubtedly looking for ways to pay their debt I am at a loss as to what I should do. Does the American government have an agreement with Spain to provide that information if they are asked.

Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

Hi, any personal information provided by a company in the US, must be done so with your consent. If it is not, it would be deemed as a breach of confidentiality.

Hi, thanks for rating my answer.

If there is a Court Order in place for the information to be released, it would be under such circumstances.