T.DePas, Attorney
Experience:  Solicitor - Ph.D. Doctor Europaeus in EU law

Dear Expert,I am a Russian national Travelling to Montenegro.

Dear Expert,

I am a Russian national Travelling to Montenegro. According to immigration rules I can come to Montenegro without visa for 30 days as tourist. However, I would like to stay 2 months. 1) Can I apply for extension while in Montenegro? or 2) do I have to leave the country and come back? if 2) then can you recommend a tourist office which organises 2-3 days trips to Bosnia-Herzegovina?

NB: applying for visa which allows 2 months stay is not in the scope of this question.

Many thanks,

Dear customer,

Thank you for your question.

You can only apply for a Visa before arriving in Montenegro. A visa would allow you to stay there as a tourist until up to three months.

If you do not apply for a Visa before leaving, then you will be allowed to enter Montenegro just with your passport and stay there for one month at max. When you leave Montenegro after having been there as a tourist for one month, you will be enabled to re-enter the Country only after 6 months.

I hope this helps.

I would be very grateful if you could rate my answer positively and agree for a bonus. Like that I can get paid for my job with the amount you have already deposited.

I remain at your complete disposal should you need any further information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tiziana thank you for your answer.

I have researched furher the question and could not find any reference to 6 months rule between exit and new entrance to Montenegro. What document / official publication are you referring to?

Many thanks,

Dear M.,

I apologize but, unfortunately, I do not find anymore the guidelines that I read yesterday.

I will keep on looking for you to have direct access and get back to you as soon as I find them again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I have been provided misleading information. when I nearly acted upon it. however, reasearched myself and asked another expert who confirmed my reaserch.
when I asked to quote the source of misleading information - she could not even provide where she got the info from (couldn't find it!)
I would expect an EXPERT to be an expert, not just google or yahoo answers user. I can do it myself.