José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney

We have a classic case of acquisition fraud on our hands it

We have a classic case of acquisition fraud on our hands it seems:

Last year an employee of ours apparently returned a form sent to her by email by Construct Data. this outfit sends forms that seems to ask to update your contact details in a free online directory for exhibitors on fairs.

If you read the fine print it says that you msut pay €1250,- a year for a period of 3 years.
apparently our employee did not check,as it appeard to be a free service & foolishly signed it.

Once we got the first invoice I looked into it and found out just what was going on. I sent a letter by secured mail, saying that this contract was signed in error. Still we receive reminders and of course now they are adding costs etc.

As it appears they are doing this already for a long time, the list of complaints on the internet is endless, from countries all over the world.

We have received numerous emails for different clients we represent, all the same format, asking for correcting of these 'free of charge' mentionings on a website that has no added value whatoever...

Is there anything that I should do next or should I just not pay?

Country relating to question: The Netherlands. Country where Construct Data is based: Slovakia

Abogado3044 :

Abogado3044 :

Its a very comun fraud, and it is against the consumer protecction law

Abogado3044 :

So just do not pay and if they threat to demand you, denounce his company in the closer consumer service in the place where you resides

Abogado3044 :

Just do not pay

Abogado3044 :

I will be here if needed