How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask T.DePas Your Own Question
T.DePas, Attorney
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Solicitor - Ph.D. Doctor Europaeus in EU law
Type Your European Law Question Here...
T.DePas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a British citizen. I used to live in Brussels. When I

This answer was rated:

I am a British citizen. I used to live in Brussels. When I went to live in Brussels I had to surrender my British driving licence for a Belgian driving licence. I have now moved to live in France. Should I surrender by Belgian driving licence for a French driving licence and, if so, how do I do this?
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

Under European Law, when your license is from an EU country, you can use it throughout the EU.

The following categories AM, A1, A2, A, B, BE, B1, B1E, C1, C1E, C, CE, D1, D1E, D and DE are recognised throughout Europe.

If you ever have any problem with French authorities for this reason, please feel free to lodge a complaint to the EU free legal advice service Your Europe Advice.

You will receive free legal advice from one of the experts of the Member States and, if needed, on how to make a complaint to the EU Commission.

I hope that this clarifies your doubts.

I would be very grateful if you could rate my answer positively and agree for a bonus. Like that I can get paid for my job with the amount you have already deposited.

I remain at your complete disposal should you need any further information.


T.DePas and other European Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related European Law Questions