T.DePas, Attorney
Experience:  Solicitor - Ph.D. Doctor Europaeus in EU law

I am a British citizen. I used to live in Brussels. When I

I am a British citizen. I used to live in Brussels. When I went to live in Brussels I had to surrender my British driving licence for a Belgian driving licence. I have now moved to live in France. Should I surrender by Belgian driving licence for a French driving licence and, if so, how do I do this?
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

Under European Law, when your license is from an EU country, you can use it throughout the EU.

The following categories AM, A1, A2, A, B, BE, B1, B1E, C1, C1E, C, CE, D1, D1E, D and DE are recognised throughout Europe.

If you ever have any problem with French authorities for this reason, please feel free to lodge a complaint to the EU free legal advice service Your Europe Advice.

You will receive free legal advice from one of the experts of the Member States and, if needed, on how to make a complaint to the EU Commission.

I hope that this clarifies your doubts.

I would be very grateful if you could rate my answer positively and agree for a bonus. Like that I can get paid for my job with the amount you have already deposited.

I remain at your complete disposal should you need any further information.