INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Customer Question

Good afternoon. We are Belgian parents residing abroad. Our daughter got initially a Belgian passport upon birth at a Belgian Embassy abroad, but later had to return it because we were not advised that we had to formally request the nationality.
She is now 23 years old, and started one year ago a process to apply for the Nationality through the Belgian Embassy in London. This request was rejected by Belgium, but the Embassy told her she could appeal the decision, which she did. My question is, which is the best way to get advice and representation at a reasonable cost in case she is requested by the court to present her defense for the appeal.
Thank you for your answer.
Category: European Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thank you. I´keep waiting.

Also, could you tell me if you have experience with the cases of requests for Belgian nationality, and if so, what would be your assessment based on the information I provided of the case.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. Honestly, we don't see a lot of questions about Belgium here but hopefully, our professionals will be able to help you. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Continue searching please.

Thank you.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your continued patience while we continue our search.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good afternoon, would you have any news about my request.

Thank you,

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right professional. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, Please refund me.

Thank you