José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

While in Gran Canaries we were approach in the street and given

Customer Question

While in Gran Canaries we were approach in the street and given a winning ticket that required a free taxi to a hotel to collect the prize. Long story short after about 4 hours we had bought a membership to Voyager Travel with a deposit paid of 1180 euro and 3534 euro to pay. On getting back to our hotel we looked up Voyager Travel to find it to be an apparent scam. Are we were never told of a cool off period; are we entitled to cancel and get are deposit back? Should a cool off period be offered for this style of sale tactic?
Category: European Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy
Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi
You had been scamed for sure
Please contact policia nacional or guardia civil in Gran Canaria and denounce the facts

Police will chech the facts and will try to get your money back

https://www.gdt.guardiacivil.es/webgdt/pinformar.php

I will be here if needed