José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Hello I have published a book on Amazon.com One gentleman

Hello
I have published a book on Amazon.com
One gentleman copy pasted a part of this book and published it in a journal under his name without permission and without mentioning me.
What to do?

Thank you
Maja
www.dr-roje.com/sulpyco
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Abogado3044 :

Hi+

Abogado3044 :

Did you pay for the copy right ? So you had protect your rights?

Customer:

hi

Customer:

ideas in my book ar e in fact a patent

Abogado3044 :

If you did it, you have to contract an attorney who will demand the person and will ask for damages as he has no paid you

Customer:

the book is published on amazon.com

Abogado3044 :

You had to pay for the copy right

Customer:

yes a trademark and patent

Abogado3044 :

If you have not do it you can no demand him

Abogado3044 :

Well

Abogado3044 :

If you have protected your rights, contract and attorney and demand the person

Customer:

the patent is in aprocces of international protection

Abogado3044 :

Perfect

Customer:

trademark is not internationally protected yet

Abogado3044 :

Its enought

Abogado3044 :

Contract an attorney and demand him

Customer:

what shold i demand

Abogado3044 :

You can demand the damages, and they are calculated in the base of the money he has earn with that and the the money you will have charged him if he would ask your permission

Customer:

the gentleman is from egypt

Customer:

i am from croatia

Customer:

the journal is from usa

Abogado3044 :

The best for you its to contract a local attorney there

Customer:

the book is on www.amazon.com

Abogado3044 :

because the demand has to be make it there

Customer:

where? on croatia?

Abogado3044 :

In Egypt

Abogado3044 :

In order to get a local attorney there chech the closer consulate of your country there

Abogado3044 :

Consulates often have list of profesional in their jurisdiction

Customer:

do i have any chances since my patent and trademark are not protected in egypt

Abogado3044 :

yes you have, because you had paid for it

Abogado3044 :

The copy right protects your intelectual propiety all world around

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I wrote to the journal with no answer

you told me to find a lawyer in egypt that doesnt seem possible for me

and my patent is protected in Europe only and trademark in Croatia only

Please advise

Thanky ou

Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Reach an attorney there in Egypt

The consulate of your country there will be helpfull for that

The attorney will find the way to demand them and protect the rights you got as the real owner of the intectual propiety rights

Thank you