José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

hi... I need some advice regarding my mistake. I have forwarded

hi...
I need some advice regarding my mistake. I have forwarded an anonymous Email to an employer regarding their employee & this email is more like a rumor the the employee has written a wrong CV to obtain a job, he might not be capable to perform his duties etc.

Please advice what can be the consequence from employer, if he takes my action seriously.
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Abogado3044 :

Hi

Abogado3044 :

It is very improbable that the employer will take legal action againts you

Abogado3044 :

It is not a criminal offence so he will have to contract an attorney to demand you

Abogado3044 :

The atttorney will have to study the case and probe damages in order to make you apy for

Abogado3044 :

As he can no probe the damage you will have not to pay

Abogado3044 :

So, the employeer will have to invest money and take a high risk to lose it

Abogado3044 :

So, the comun sense says that he will do nothing against you as he can no probe damages

Abogado3044 :

Do not make it again and de not worry too much for it

Abogado3044 :

I will be here if needed

Abogado3044 :

Thank you

Customer:

I think I have been reading too much in Internet about the Libel defamation, does such rumors considered as Libel defamation?

Abogado3044 :

No, I dont think so

Abogado3044 :

Difamation need publicity

Abogado3044 :

Its more complicated than demanding for a job and little more

Abogado3044 :

I do not see a ciminal offence, and difamation its a crimianl offence

Abogado3044 :

Do not worry too much

Abogado3044 :

It would be too expensive for him to go after you

Abogado3044 :

Please to make a good rate of my service, if you do not have more doubts

Abogado3044 :

Thank you

Customer:

Thanks for the clarification. My understanding from the above is that such anonymous email to the employer is considered a civil crime rather than a criminal. I agree that with you opinion that this might not be as serious issue as I considered.

Abogado3044 :

Yes thay it is

Abogado3044 :

In order to be considered as a crminal action it has to be with a higt publicity level and to make a serious damage to the company

Abogado3044 :

I considerer that it is noy your case

Abogado3044 :

Please considerer to rate positively my service. Thank you

Customer:

Thanks for the quick response. Appreacite your support.

Abogado3044 :

Thank you

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney