INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Customer Question

My husband is a Polish Citizen and American Citizen. Can I become a Polish citizen as well, or do I (we) need to live in Poland? I've been married to him for twenty years. Is their a benefit or detriment in becoming a citizen? (besides getting through customs easier)

And is their a benefit or detriment for making our two children citizens of Poland. They are already American Citizens, like myself.

Thank you
Category: European Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for contacting

It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Poland, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.

At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obligated to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's ok to close out this question
I will check with the consulate during the week.