T.DePas
T.DePas, Attorney
Experience:  Solicitor - Ph.D. Doctor Europaeus in EU law
66763543

I received a notice in the mail of having committed a traffic

Customer Question

I received a notice in the mail of having committed a traffic violation in Italy in Nov 2007. I received the notice in Apr 15, 2008. I was not aware that I was in a restricted area or that I made a violation. I have not paid the fine. Does the statue of limitations apply to this notice? How do I know if I have been put in the National Criminal Computer? The fine amount was 92.45 Euros. I am planning to travel to Italy in June 2013.
Should I do anything now?
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Abogado3044 :

Hi

Abogado3044 :

Even if you do not want to come back its better for you to pay

Abogado3044 :

The italain govetment its even contracting several companies out of Italy to force the people sancionated to pay

Customer :

Is it possible I am in the criminal data base?

Abogado3044 :

Fines are not criminal offences, but the better way its to pay

Customer :

OK. Thanks for your help.

Abogado3044 :

Thank you

Abogado3044 :

I gently ask you for a good rate of my service

Abogado3044 :

If you do not do it the site does not pay me

Abogado3044 :

Have a good day

Customer :

I will do that.

Abogado3044 :

Thank you

Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to make the good rate, its important for me, thank you

Expert:  T.DePas replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

I am an Italian attorney and I am more than happy to help you with my legal advice.

First of all, I confirm what the Spanish colleague states. Street fines are not criminal charges in Italy, so you will be able to travel without any restriction or any problem.

Nonetheless, If before the 15th of April of this year (5 years from the first notice) you do not receive any other notice, your fine will be automatically canceled from the Italian registry of fines (Ruolo generale). If after that date you receive any other notice you will be able to make a complaint to the competent Judge (Giudice di Pace).

As a consequence, I would suggest you not to pay the fine at the moment.

I hope my answer is helpful to you.

I would be very grateful if you could rate my answer positively and agree for a bonus. Like that I can get paid for my job with the amount you have already deposited.

I remain at your complete disposal should you need any further information.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Tiziana