Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.
If you do not need to work in Portugal, you could ask for a retoement visa
You can apply to live in Portugal as a retiree, providing you don’t intend to work. To apply for this visa, the following requirements must be submitted to the Embassy in person, and by previous appointment:
• Passport valid for a minimum of six months, along with three photocopies of the personal information and photo page
• Money order for $100 to cover processing charge
• Four recent passport-size pictures
• Original marriage certificate, and a photocopy (if applicable)
• Certificate of good conduct issued by the police department of places where you have lived for six months or more during the past five years, along with a Spanish translation, and one photocopy
• A medical certificate printed on a doctor’s letterhead, verifying that you are free from yellow fever, cholera, and the plague, and drug addiction, and mental illness, along with a translation into Spanish, plus a photocopy
• Original certificate of a public or private institution, stating that you receive a pension, and specifying its monthly amount (the annual minimum is $10,000, increased by $1,700 for each dependant), plus one photocopy
• Proof of any other source of income and/or properties in Spain, plus one photocopy of each document.
Processing your application may take up to six weeks.
You could ask for it in the closer consulate of Portugal in Canada or once you were in Portugal as a tourist
I will be here if needed