INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Customer Question

My accountant has mentioned has raised a question with regard to overseas VAT, in Norway in particular. We provide management consultancy training workshops to clients based in UK, EC and non-EC countries.

We are concerned about our local VAT/GST position in Norway, particularly given that they could be billing up to £0.5m in the coming year.

Based on the link at the bottom of this document, it appears as though we should register for VAT in Norway, unless:

Here’s the link I mention:
Category: European Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Wendy,

I am fine to wait for an answer. Would you anticipate having a reply by the end of today (Thursday)?

Please keep me informed of your progress.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for contacting

It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Norway, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.

At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obligated to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not sure a legal internet researcher is what I need.

If we close the ticket as unresolved am I still liable for the £47 charge?