INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

illegal online strategy?

Customer Question

As an affiliate i believe i have become a victim of a strategy where a large advertiser ( is deliberately hurting affiliates for their own benefit ( free marketing) The company signs up as an advertiser at a large affiliate network where it attracts many affiliates. At this point there are no restrictions in their copyright policy. After affiliates become successful in promoting their program they change their copyright policy and instantly terminate the contracts with their affiliates. This has happened to me personally this month, and it has happened in the exact same way with affiliates on a different network in 2011, where they did the exact same thing. The affiliate manager personally reviewed and approved my website prior to their approval for me to join their affiliate program. Now my site is succesful and my affiliation with them is terminated after they quickly changed their copyright policy again. Surely the affiliate policy that i agreed upon allows them to change their rules whenever they want, but since they are doing this repeatedly i believe they are intentionally misusing the right to change their policy. As a small affiliate, do i stand a chance in court if i decide to hire a lawyer to help me with this issue?

There is a private page on my website here that holds additional info. Please keep this page private and do not share it with anyone

Category: European Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes i will await.
I hope you can find an awnser soon.

Thank you,
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, Pascal. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!