José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Hi, Im living in Spain and have worked many years for a Russian

Hi, Im living in Spain and have worked many years for a Russian gentleman. Last May I was arrested under "secret" at Malaga airport for suspicion of money laundry and criminal association. I have had my car taken, accounts blocked and appear on the internet everywhere including "mafiatoday.com" which reduces any chance of obtaining any decent job. I have a local lawyer here who is submitting requests in writing. Last month my signing on at the courts was reduced from twice a week to twice a month. I have been asked three times now to go and answer questions which I have done. I would like to know if European courts is an option to force the lifting of secrecy and later perhaps compensation. I stood in on companies and made all transfers for the Russian and I KNOW that there is none of the accused. Please advise.

Abogado3044 :

Hi

Abogado3044 :

I am an spanish attorney

Abogado3044 :

As long as the court do not brake the secret of the sumary you do not have chances to make your own live without problems from it

Abogado3044 :

There are no chance to appeal to the european council

Abogado3044 :

I know it is very hard to live in your position but really there is not another way to fight

Customer:

Ok, is there any limit on how long they can keep secrecy?

Abogado3044 :

Our law says that the limit its one month but the judge has the power to give it extra time if he needs

Abogado3044 :

In practise they use all the time they need

Abogado3044 :

If the case its important enought it could be for one year or longer

Customer:

So far it is already 9 months. Thank you for your response. I was hoping for better news as this situation is not good! But as I understand, nothing can be done. But thank you for letting me know.

Abogado3044 :

I am sure you wait tor better news but I must be honest with you

Abogado3044 :

No chance you have to fight with the court

Customer:

How about compensation afterwards if this proves to ne false accusation. Has anyone been successful with that?

Abogado3044 :

Sure, if you probe the damages you are suffering you could appeal to the defensor del pueblo and demand for it

Abogado3044 :

But relly it has to be a very huge mistake in order to get a compensation

Abogado3044 :

Its not communto get it

Abogado3044 :

Its very hard to get an indemnitation anyway

Customer:

Ok, many thanks. I assume if I mark ok service or higher I shall be charged 38 Eur? I am not sure but I think I declined being a monthly member. I am happy to pay for your advice now but dont want any further charges on a monthly basis. Can you have a way to check this?

Abogado3044 :

If you agree with my service I gently ask you for a good rate of it. In other case the site does not pay me. If you do not want more than one payment you have to [email protected] an demand not to be associated in the site

Abogado3044 :

Thank you

Abogado3044 :

Have a good day

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX rate good.

Abogado3044 :

Thanks