José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Hi,we went to Andorra and on our way back to Spain we were

we went to Andorra and on our way back to Spain we were pulled by the police at the border and they started searching our bags and they found 20 boxes times 250gr of tobacco. basically 4000gr over the allowance. We were charged 1.225 euro and the tobacco was confiscated.
We are not agreed with that though.... Nobody was speaking english there, there were no signs whatsoever how much is the limit and where shall we declare it. The policemen didn't ask us at all whether we've got tobacco or not, they just pulled us and said to the driver to open the back. Then they took our car and said until we don't pay the fee we won't be able to get the car back /we were going to madrid/ We beleive that this is an extortion. We've got 2 witnesses plus the letter from the Spanish tribunal,where we can appeal.
We don't know completely our rights though and we don't know if we have the right to appeal against the border staff?

Abogado3044 :

Hi

Abogado3044 :

I am an spanish attorney

Abogado3044 :

I am sorry to say that you could put a claim in the border police station, but I think you really were wasting time

Abogado3044 :

The law gives them the right to do what they have done it and to put the fine they have put

Abogado3044 :

So, in my opinion your best way to manage its to pay and gorget them

Abogado3044 :

Another way to fight its wasting time

Abogado3044 :

You could write if you want

Abogado3044 :

According to the law http://noticias.juridicas.com/base_datos/Admin/rd951-2005.html

Abogado3044 :

You could put a claim in the police station or by written

Abogado3044 :

But I tell you in advance that its wasting time