José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

i have moved to france, with my 11 year old son, his farther

i have moved to france, with my 11 year old son, his farther is british and lives and works in the uk, can i claim for child support from him if i am living in france with my son.

Abogado3044 :

Hi

Abogado3044 :

In order to get it there is only one way, and it is to demand it in court with an attoneys help

Abogado3044 :

You will need to contract an attorney in the place where the minor lives and to get a judicial order who let you to do it

Customer:

is there not an organisation to assist in gasining child support within france such as the child support agency in the u.k

Abogado3044 :

I have no idea if there it is in France, sorry

Abogado3044 :

I am an spanish attorney

Customer:

so i must find an attorney in france, will it be heard in a court in france or in the u.k, because he lives and works in the u.k

Abogado3044 :

You could try to manage in UK because its valid to do it in France or in UK

Customer:

i think thats a better option because he will not attend a court in france, but will have to attend if in the u.k. are you aware of simular situations in europe where a parent in charge claims for financial support from the other parent in a different country, such in your case spain. is it possible does it work, or am i just going to be doing alot of work for nothing?

Abogado3044 :

Well, tour chance its just do it, because it works sometimes

Abogado3044 :

The posibilities are always on the opinion of the judge and the interest of the minor, I mean, the judge alwyas take care about the interest, the best, XXXXX XXXXX minor

Abogado3044 :

So, you have to demostrate him that yours its the best option for the minor

Customer:

gracias XXXXX XXXXX time and advice.