INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

European Law Question, Hi I just purchased a Do it yourself

Customer Question

European Law Question,

Hi I just purchased a Do it yourself 3D printer from the web, under the promise that after assembly the printer would be ready to print, the product is sold as a 3D printer, but their support to put the machine together is low, there is no proper directions or troubleshooting, they also don't warn about further knowledge needed to make the machine work properly, I want my money back as the machine doesn't work as they say after assembly, but in their terms and condition they say they don't take assembled machines back and that they don't guarantee the correct functioning of the machine after assembly but yet they charge 1300 euros for it and they offer it as a 3D printing machine, I feel ripped off because I'm left with a not working machine that I payed 1300 euros for with no support as what to do after assembly to make it work properly, can I ask my money back even though their terms and conditions deny it? according to me European consumer protection law has my back in this. thanks!
Category: European Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Yes I am still waiting for an answer, thanks

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Raul,

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  A.Valcke replied 3 years ago.
Hello Raul,

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties with the 3D printer you bought.

Please could you tell me which company you bought the machine from? I would like to check in which country it is based.

I look forward to your response.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi A. Valcke,

I am so sorry for my delay the printer is a ultimaker, they are based in the Netherlands, I hope this helps once again I'm so sorry for my delay I moved to other things and completely got distracted from this question.