Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK based Immigration Solicitor

I am a British national wanting to settle in Geneva. However

I am a British national wanting to settle in Geneva. However my wife is Moroccan and therfore needs a visa to join me. What is the best and quickest way to do this and what support can I get from an immigration lawyer. I am going to hand in my application form for residency in Geneva.
How much will it cost me to hire a lawyer for this?
Category: European Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Obviously she will have to apply as a Dependent of you (ie. an EEA national.

There is no substitute for instructions a solicitor who is an immigration law practitioner in the country in which the application is to be made.

You need to instruct a Swiss immigration lawyer to prepare the application for her. They will be able to confirm eligibility and then collate all the supporting documentation for her and make sure that it is laid out in the way that the immigration authority requires. They will identify any areas of concern with respect to the application and then pre-empt the reaction of the case offficer and argue why the problem should not prejudice the application.

The will prepare the application for her and then send it to her to submit in person

I would expect that this would cost in the region of £750-1000.00 + VAT in order for them to prepare the application for her.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.
If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,