Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK based Immigration Solicitor
28732269

im renewing my british passport overseas.ive lost it and havent

im renewing my british passport overseas.ive lost it and havent had it in a while...will they check for a criminal record in the U.S if im applying for it in the U.S
Hi, Thanks for your question. If you are a British Citizen then you are entitled to a UK passport. This does not change because of a criminal records. Citizenship is generally only revoked in the event that it can be proved it was obtained in the first instance obtained by deception. You should apply in the normal way and you will be fine.If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept. Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
But generally speaking would they check for a criminal background?..lets say i did put down that i had a criminal background in the U.S...would i have a record if i applied for work in the U.K???
Hi, How did you obtain your UK citizenship, did you naturalise or did you obtain it by birth?Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
by birth..born and bred in bristol..moved to the u.s (have green card)
In that case I don't think they would check. They do when a person naturalises for the first time because they have to meet the "good character" requirement but if you obtained it by birth this is not relevant. Tom