CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor

I have a question about an upcoming birthday party i will be

Customer Question

I have a question about an upcoming birthday party i will be planning. I will be turning 40 in a few months and would like a destination party. Let me first start by saying I celebrate every birthday like i'm reaching a milestone I feel as though it is your special day and hey why not. Anyway, I would like it at a high end resort about 2.5 hrs from my home. My husband plans to do a dinner with open bar so as far as accommodations for the guests do I pay for both nights since i assume with that amount of travel time and the time of year(Jan) most of not all will stay Fri and Sat, do we pay for one night or non at all?
Category: Etiquette
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 4 months ago.

I love your spunk and spirit about it all! I think that if you do offer the destination invitation, it is appropriate to pay for both nights. They are paying for travel down and want to come and celebrate. You can ask them to RSVP for specific rooms, but then if they do not RSVP by the set date, then they are obligated to their own expenses.....

I do hope that you found some clarity in the response given. It sounds like you are planning quite the party and happy early birthday! If I can assist you any further, please let me know.....Thank you, Jules