Rev Dr August Abbott
Rev Dr August Abbott, Adult Etiquette Pro
Experience:  40 yrs: Etiquette teacher,Formal event officiate, announcement author, minister

I'm the father of the Bride sitting at a rectangular table. Do

Customer Question

I'm the father of the Bride sitting at a rectangular table.
Do I need to sit at end of table closest to the bride and groom or can I sit in the middle of the table.
Rectangle is the long ways with the bride and groom's table at one end
Category: Etiquette
Expert:  Rev Dr August Abbott replied 6 months ago.
With the majority of wedding party seating etiquette, parents aren't seated at the bridal table at all. Generally speaking it's just the wedding party: Bride to the groom's right, maid of honor to groom's left and then boy-girl, boy-girl with the rest of the wedding party at both sides. Parents are placed at a 'table of honor' right next to the bridal party table If this is a smaller wedding and both the bridal party and parents will fit at one table, once the wedding party is seated according to the rule stated above, the parents would begin after them. So it's very possible that you'd end up in the middle of the table just by the numbers. Congratulations on this joyous occasion - May I help with anything else?