dolma888
dolma888, Etiquette Coach
Experience:  HuffPost manners blogger, certified etiquette coach, former director of protocol, city & county of San Francisco
53187960

A colleague's wife emailed me to invite me to a wine tasting

Customer Question

A colleague's wife emailed me to invite me to a wine tasting she would be hosting for his 60th birthday on Jan 18. Her original email invitation was on Jan 6 and her replied to her the same day that I would be happy to come and thanked her for including me. She replied on Jan. 7 and said she would send out details the week of Jan. 11 but would I plan on 4 pm for Jan. 18? I replied several days later that I would plan to available at 4 pm on that day. However, since then, I have not received any further communication or details about the party. Should I get in touch with her? Should I go? Refrain from going?
Category: Etiquette
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Second sentence should read "Her original email invitation was on Jan 6 and I replied to her the same day..."
Expert:  Tarra Bates-Duford replied 1 year ago.

I do think you should send one more follow-up email. Sometimes in the planning process of a large event people can become overwhelmed and forgetful. I think you should make an additional attempt to get in touch with her rather than simply not going, as she may be heavily involved in planning and not intentionally ignoring your emails.