Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075

I write a column and am addressing the PC question. I seem

Customer Question

I write a column and am addressing the PC question. I seem to recall a succinct definition by Emily Post of good manners. ( If you want to curdle your cream, check all the discussion of PC on the web! ) Couldn't figure out how to respond do you…Does this work?
Cheers, ***** *****
Category: Etiquette
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Your column sounds interesting as debating the free speech of PC thought can open a can of worms to readers. I remember just reading a few months ago this column as it speaks of manners and how one should talk about others:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2015/06/25/political-correctness-you-dont-say/

How to speak to someone that brings up PC ideas can be a bit difficult coming from what political wing they belong to. Your definition of what Emily Post spoke of would work in this case as manners always trump different opinions no matter where they land politically. Responding to someone that respecting someone no matter their thoughts or ideas is a cornerstone to a productive society.