DrJackiePhD
DrJackiePhD, Doctor
Experience:  I have been doing research in relational/interpersonal communication since 1998. My Ph.D. is in interpersonal communication.
68163550

How do you list husband to be divorced parents on a wedding

Customer Question

how do you list husband to be divorced parents on a wedding invitation
and bride's parents are not divorced
Category: Etiquette
Expert:  DrJackiePhD replied 1 year ago.
I'm Dr. Jackie, an interpersonal communication researcher/professor and relationship counselor/expert. I want to try to help.
On many invitations today, it is just the names of the bride and groom wishing your presence on such and such a day.
If the wedding invitations are already printed, and you are asking about how to address the envelopes, then you would send the invitations separately, making sure you know what the name of the mom of the groom goes by (same name, maiden name, etc.).
If you are talking about listing in a newspaper, one typically sees something like this:
Mr. and Mrs. John Doe of XTown, parents of the bride; and Mr. Brown of YTown and Ms. Black of ZTown, parents of the groom, are happy to announce the engagement of their son and daughter.....
If the above is also going to be used on the wedding invitation, then that is the way it is typically done.
I hope that helps. If I didn't answer your question as fully as you had expected, please give me the opportunity to do so. If this helps, then I'm glad. :-)
Best,
--Dr. Jackie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.