Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

How do I find out how the Personal Representative for my

Customer Question

How do I find out how the Personal Representative for my mother's probate is spending the money from the estate? There is an AT&T stock that was redeemed before her death and I would like to know how much it was and were it went. My sister and I both had power of attorney for all my Mom's accounts at Sandia Labs Federal Credit Union and her medical and personal accounts.
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: Application for informal appointment of special administrator - Acceptance of appointment as special administrator - Oder for informal probate of will and appointment of personal representative -Acceptance of appointment as special administrator. Signed and notarized for my sister as personal representative.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Power of attorney when my mother was alive for sister and I jointly, what else do I need?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have the will and notification by the attorney of that the Estate bank account will be used for proceeds of all accounts
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.
Administrator owes a duty of care and cannot self serve. You are entitled to an accounting which should be filed.A lawyer can follow and demand this from court if needed.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Kindly rate me five stars.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you
Very welcome.
Kindly rate me five stars.
Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.