Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

My brother is a caregiving voluntory to my mother ...he

My brother is a caregiving voluntory to my mother ...he isolates her from other members from other members of the family, i am her power of attorney for health and finances....he has withdrawl a lot of monies from her checking accounts stating that he is buying food for her and him....is it legal for me to close the account?

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

.is it legal for me to close the account?

.

Yes, as the POA for mother, you have the power, and some would argue the duty to take action to protect her assets if brother is abusing any access rights that he has..

.

You could put that money in a new account and then require him to go through you for any money if he needed it for expenses..

.

.

thanks