RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

Ray what kind of evidence do I need to collect to file for a

Customer Question

Ray what kind of evidence do I need to collect to file for a quiet title
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Witnesses or affidavits that he meant to deed it to you, that there was funds that went elsewhere to others in return for you getting title, things like that.You have to convince the court that the deeds that went to the others were not valid and not intended to be the last word here.It may be difficult here, they have the deeds, your dad is deceased, hard to prove this up.A lawyer can help though.You have burden of prooof to show that you should be awarded clear title over the others or resolve it prior to trial.

I appreciate the chance to help you again.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciate.

A quiet title action is a lawsuit that is brought in court to clear a party’s title to real property. The purpose of a quiet title action is to eliminate all claims to title, which might stand in the way of a title insurance company issuing a clear title insurance policy. Liens, claims by prior owners, and other matters affecting title are called “clouds” on title. The purpose of a quiet title action is to eliminate any of these “clouds” on title.