Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My estranged wife's attorney held over $1M, these funds

Customer Question

My estranged wife's attorney held over $1M, these funds belong to two corporations owned jointly by my estranged wife and myself,in his Trust Account during 2016 he placed these funds in an interest bearing account. He has yet to disclose the amount of interest earned on these funds. What is my recourse?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Anything meaning?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The court file is full of his receiving these funds and distributing them. Is that what you mean?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Why is the attorney holding corporate money?

.

Have you sent any written request for information regarding the money and any interest earned?

.

Is this part of a divorce action where she turned the money over to the attorney for safekeeping?

.

Who is he distributing to and why is he distributing corporate money?

.

.

thanks