Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

My new recent soul mate was discovered 1.5 years ago after

Customer Question

My new recent soul mate was discovered 1.5 years ago after becoming awidow. We are 66 years old. I have wills, power of attorney's etc completed in GA . Now in Fl and I paid for a 55 + community manufactured home. I need the best cheapest way to insure she can stay and can have the property if I pass. KIds will have $500,000 so they can live without $55,000 value
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: State is Ohio 6 months and Florida for 6 months.l
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Will from GA Probate from GA completed, power of attorney and the death wishes notarized
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was hoping to just type a addition to the will
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you just wanting to amend your will to give your partner the property in FL?

.

Or do you want to add them to be an owner on the home now?

.

Or do you just want to give partner the right to live there until they pass, then to go to your children?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She can have the property as a surving on the deed???
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Sure, you can add her as a joint tenant with right of survivorship on the deed and she would then become an equal owner along with you. If one of you passed, the survivor becomes the sole owner instantly without any other action being necessary.

.

You would just need to have a local attorney draw up a new deed from you as the grantor over to you and her as the grantees as "joint tenants with right of survivorship".

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I can be reached tomorrow during business hours until 2 pm.Issue is if simply assigning the partner the Fl house is a lock to keep my kids from contesting the will.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Those phone call offers are not generated by me, but rather by the JustAnswer website. I am sorry but I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website. I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible.

.

However, if you wish to have a phone call with an attorney, you can post a request for "additional services" and your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I am more than happy to continue on the website though..

.

So do you want to make her an owner of the house now, in the future, or just give her the right to live there? You can do any one of the 3 you want..