RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

Would you tell me what this letter from the st of SD in the

Customer Question

Would you tell me what this letter from the st of SD in the matter of my brothers estate.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: my oldest brother is executor. We my siblings and myself each received this letter from my brother(deceased) attorney.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: lori ......, a person entitled to a copy of the Personal Representative's full accounting, expressly waives any accounting required by statute.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: dated December ........., 2016. I am suppose to sign and return to my brother. It just doesn't feel right signing this.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

They are asking you to waive a formal accounting.If you have any concerns then don't sign it.It would save legal fees to not have to prepare it but if you have any concerns about your brother here don't sign it and make them do such an accounting.It lets you see what funds came in and where they went and whats left for distribution. It comes down to if you trust your brother, if you have been involved throughout or left out and want to know whats going on.You don't have to sign it here, its your call whether to do so.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.