Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My father passed in july 2016; i was on his irrevocable

Customer Question

my father passed in july 2016; i was on his irrevocable trust with my 3 other siblings. my father made my sis trustee and my dad amended thevoriginal trust. the original trust was all 4 siblings as beneficiarys. in 2014 my dad signed an amended form that i receive $20,000.00 vs 1/4 of his full trust. what are my legal rights?
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: florida
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: i contacted original attorney to get copy of first trust. my father had parkinson's and ahlzheimers and i truly believe he wasn't capable to do that amendment.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: other than my sis told me she changed his trustvwith my other sister and he owned apt in ny that they were getting out of his name before he passed
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

My deepest condolences for your loss.

You are only entitled to the $20,000.00 as stated in the amended trust unless you file lawsuit to challenge the amendment on the ground that your father was incapable of consenting to the amendment because of his illness. You may retain the services of a trust litigation Attorney to assist you with the lawsuit.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Goodluck with your case,