Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

I am named on an irrevocable trust with JP. Despite being in

Customer Question

I am named on an irrevocable trust with JP Morgan. Despite being in my name, I find it impossible to access the funds. It is a gift from my mother-in law to support me. Despite my name, which is prominently on the Trust documents, this trust has no intention of paying me, or even let me access this trust. It is $500,000 of assets which I cannot,yet, access, due to JP Morgans intractable views. Please help me, I am 62 years and wish to be acknowledged in the trust. I have been beset with major health issues and have no other way of providing income for myself.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page. Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: California, but the trust was built in Flint, Michigan.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: The original trust document. Several Trust statements, plus a gaggle of "nope, we aren't gonna pay You" declarations.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am going on desperate. Last year I suffered numerous health setbacks: including falling down 2 stories of steps (concussion/blood on the brain), having an epileptic seizure: breaking my wrist, my hip,
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

What is the basis for refusing requests for distributions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
None.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They don't give any reasons.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They allow my son, Matthew to access the funds, but not me.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Justanswer has just pulled another $56 from my checking account, as well as $41 yesterday, and $5 the day before. That has me paying $102 dollars and still, no answer. Stop taking money from my account, please, and and "just answer" my question.
Thank you,
Debra Day