Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

Before I ask one question, how are costs of your services

Customer Question

Before I ask one question, how are costs of your services calculated?
JA: There is no charge to talk to me. But I'm not the Estate Lawyer.
Customer: My mom is 97 and questions the wisdom of tranjsferring "personal property" to myself and my sister to avoid taxation.
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Personal property excludes stocks, bonds, cash. It is primarily furnishings and jewellry only. Any advice would be most appreciated. Paul
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: She has a will where some of these items are listed in general description.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

What is your legal question that I can help with this morning?

.

My mom is 97 and questions the wisdom of tranjsferring "personal property" to myself and my sister to avoid taxation.

.

This is kind of a wide open statement so I am not sure what you are asking?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am concerned. I logged on to Free Legal Advice "in Ontario" and seem to have reached a party in the USA. I need Canadian tax advice from a Canadian lawyer. I have not read your advice and wish to terminate this session. In fairness, a refund to PayPal would be appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please see my comments above re termination of session. I am in Canada, not the USA.
Please respond to billing issue when no reply has been received and will not satisfy Canadian legal matters. Thank you
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

No worries, I will notify customer service to transfer the question...