Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
17897874

I have the deed to my cemetery plots however I bought the

Customer Question

I have the deed to my cemetery plots however I bought the plots and it has my husbands name on it as well my husband died Dec.5th2015 my daughters went out and bought a stone for my husband without letting or asking me. The will states to pay for for a memorial.I also bought a double monument the girls feel they have the rights to put the single stone down. I need help don't I have the rights I was married to him for 41 1/2 years Please send me back your answers and advice me what to do Thank You, ***** *****
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: The deed the will that states pay for a memorial a paper that this country cemetery goes off off it states Carole Bean Mayer and the purchase date of Nov.5,1998
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My daughters are both named as the executors. I truly feel my rights are being ignored
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

I am Loren, an Illinois licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

My condolences for your loss.

Your daughters have no right to place a stone on cemetery plots owned by you and your late husband.

As the owner of the plots, and the next of kin having rights of sepulcher under Illinois law, let the cemetery management know that you have not authorized the placement of any monument on your plots and you will sue the cemetery if they allow a monument to be placed on your plots without your consent.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!