RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

Brother passed away 2 years ago. Half brother took executor

Customer Question

Brother passed away 2 years ago. Half brother took executor of property with full sister and 2 nephews to inhearit. How long should it take to close. 1/2 brother dragging feet. Sharon
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

This is too long.You need to at least write the probate judge , ask for a hearing to discuss this and the failure to at least partially distribute funds.You have rights here, tell the judge.You could also consider your own lawyer but try the letter to t he judge to get this moving first.The executor can be removed for failure to administer the estate.

Even if there was some hold up here, a partial distribution is prudent to get you some funds.You can ask for that in your letter and you can attend the hearing and testify tot he judge about your concerns.You raise legitimate issues and court will set deadlines maybe order partial distribution here under Colorado law.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again I wish you the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is always much appreciated.