Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

Philip Perrault owned property at 247 riverside drive. This

Customer Question

Philip Perrault owned property at***** This property was included in his irrevocsble trust. can I get a copy of this trust on line? I'm his daughter.
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: his trust was written up in northhampton, ma. I live in new Hampshire.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: what evidence do you need?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, this property was sold . at this time he built a home in cummington' ma. his wife now says that the trust was changed & the cummington property was taken out of the trust. My fathers in a nursing home and chances are his new property will go to pay the nursing home. the previous property (247 riverside dr) was supposed to go to his children.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 13 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

You will not be able to get a copy of the trust on line because it is not generally public information unless it was part of a court proceeding and then it would only be available in the court file or on the court's electronic records. Still, this is unlikely because it is a irrevocable trust. If you are a designated beneficiary, you can request a copy or a summary of the trust from the trustee or the law office that drafted the trust if there was one. If your Father is still alive and has his capacity, you can request a copy from him also. We can discuss more if you would like to do so.