Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
18215332

Codicil to last will and testament. is it legal and binding

Customer Question

Codicil to last will and testament. is it legal and binding for one of the provisions to state that this codicil cannot be amended, altered or rendered invalid unless agreed to, so stated, witnessed and signed by both the person for whom the codicil is for and a third person ( the third person is also the recipient of other provisions of this codicil).
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 14 days ago.

Without seeing the codicil itself it's impossible to judge whether or not it follows Wisconsin law regarding proper signatures of wills and codicils. Generally speaking, a codicil to a will must follow the same signature requirements that apply to the will itself. Does that seem to be the case with regard to the codicil in question?

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.