CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I believe I am being scammed by someone in Ghana, she is

Customer Question

I believe I am being scammed by someone in Ghana, she is Australian, and also has US citizenship. She sent me a document which basically says she needs to pay ten thousand dollars for 3 kilos of gold. Says she inherited this from her mother, but the document is so basic, I know I am being scammed. She told me she had to do affidavits to get the gold in he name, but she will only give me one document which says anything.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: she is in Ghana
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: One
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She also has a porn website which she denies any contact with, which I know is not true, she just posted new photos for November.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using the forum.

While I am not sure what your precise question is - I assume that you are looking for confirmation that you are being scammed.

I can provide you with a link to the US Embassy site confirming almost exactly the scam that you describe: https://ghana.usembassy.gov/romance_scam.html

The FBI website to report this scam: https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

And most definitely assure you that this is a scam.

I hope this is of assistance.