Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

How do you know he's a scammer how do find out in such a

Customer Question

How do you know he's a scammer how do find out in such a short time he said his computer was hacked and said long time ago people were using his pictures you can't just go by what you see on fb and Google cindy
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 days ago.

Hello again,

.

The reason I know this is a scam is it has all the red flags of one and we see this a couple dozen times a week here on the site and it is ALWAYS a scam....ALWAYS...

.

These are some of the telltale signs of a scam:

You have never met the scammer in person.

.

You met them over the internet.

.

They claim that they are in love with you despite the fact you have never met in person. (that never happens in real life)

.

They are in a foreign country.

.

They are asking you for money.

.

And if you have sent money, they wanted you to use an untraceable source like Western Union, MoneyGram, MoneyPak, etc.

.

If you want to mess with the scammer, tell them to send you a picture of them holding up today's newspaper with the date easily seen... They won't be able to do it because the photos they have been sending are either not of the scammer or they aren't in the foreign country they claim to be in so won't be able to get a newspaper with today's date on it..

.

Please don't even think about sending this person any more money as you will never see it or this person ever. I worked with someone the other day who was taken for $60,000 and I had to break the news that they were scammed and taken advantage of. They can report it to the FBI and the IC3 internet crimes commission, but there is virtually nothing that can be done to prosecute these people because they are outside the US.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 days ago.

You are very welcome. And here on JustAnswer we are only looking out for a customer's best interests as we don't "have a dog in the fight" to give us an incentive to tell you anything but the truth..

.

.

thanks