Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My husband recently passed away. he had brain cancer and I

Customer Question

my husband recently passed away. he had brain cancer and I went to go probate his will and I find out that his kids are not only contesting our marriage but the will and the fact that I used my husbands money to pay medical and household bills. I have my husbands lawyer and I can not seem to get an answer from her with what is going on it takes her weeks to reply to me and his kids have managed to have his bank accounts frozen, how can they do this when I am suppose to be the estate administrator not them. I am not sure what to do my husband also added my name to the deed to the house a month prior to his death. He also left me an insurance policy that they are trying to take as well I was the beneficiary on it
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation.

1) What do you mean "contesting [your] marriage?" As in, what are they claiming, exactly?

2) Has anyone actually been named as the Administrator by the Court, or not?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello! I plan to log off soon and am just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!